cash advance

website

Website

The website is the brainchild of Rodney Robinson the 1984 President who is surprised that the Belfast Harlequins clubhouse does not display any records of either Collegians or NIFC as in Ireland they were major players of rugby, cricket and hockey for over one hundred years.

Rodney put together a committee of like minded old boys, mainly Past Presidents - Blair Buchanan, Grahame and John Capper, Ken Graham, George Ferrett, Wilson Hanna, Peter Jones, Billy Lavery, Eddie Mulholland and Bertie O???Neill.
He had no difficulty in persuading them that a history should be put on the internet. They collected photographs, wrote articles and persuaded old members to fund a site.

Information was gathered from all the minute books that could be found.  These are now in the Public Records Office but the centennial history of the rugby club by Paul Fry provided most of the rugby data.  An article written by Leslie Spence detailed part of the history of Ladies hockey and similarly by Kevin Ryan for the Men.

A Collegian Philip Jordan of Meridian Systems designed the site and arranged a host.

Wilson Hanna acted as secretary and once the site was put on the net by Philip Jordan, proof read and constantly added data as it became available.  This has been ongoing since the end of 2010.  A massive effort- much appreciated.                                                     

Links

IRFU www.irishrugby.ie
Ulster Branch www.ulsterrugby.com
Methodist College Belfast www.methody.org
Harlequins RFC www.belfastharlequinsrfc.com

Collegians Club
Formerly - Deramore Park,
Belfast,
County Antrim, Northern Ireland

E: info@collegiansclub.org

Site Login